Premium Credit Cards In India | Benefits & Rewards Explained – Discover the benefits of premium credit cards in India, including rewards and features. Learn more about the top cards and the advantages they offer.
Table of Contents
Premium Credit Cards In India List
Premium Credit Cards In India We often think of premium credit cards as those that come with a high-cost annual fee. While this may be the case, premium credit cards also offer unique benefits and rewards that can make them well worth their cost. In India, there are a growing number of premium credit cards that come with exclusive rewards and features. In this article, we will explain why you may want to consider a premium credit card and provide an overview of the top cards available in India.
Premium credit cards come with numerous perks and rewards that can make them more attractive than regular credit cards. For example, many premium cards offer a variety of travel rewards, such as free companion tickets and complimentary upgrades. Additionally, they often provide exclusive access to VIP lounges, concierge services and unique discounts on travel and entertainment.
Furthermore, the rewards from premium credit cards are often more generous than those on regular cards. For instance, many premium cards offer extra rewards points for each dollar spent, which can add up to significant savings. Additionally, premium cards often offer exclusive cash-back offers, such as double rewards for certain purchases.
Another advantage of premium credit cards is the level of customer service they provide. Premium cardholders often receive special treatment from customer service representatives, including 24-hour customer service, rapid response times and personalized assistance.
Finally, many premium credit cards come with additional features, such as travel insurance, high credit limits and extended warranty protection. These features can provide cardholders with additional protection and peace of mind while they travel.
Now that you know why you may want to consider a premium credit card, let’s take a look at a few of the top cards available in India.
What are the different types of Premium Credit Cards available in India?
Popular premium credit cards in India include the American Express Platinum Credit Card, HSBC Premier Credit Card, Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card, SBI Elite Credit Card, ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card, Axis Bank Vistara Signature Credit Card, and YES Bank’s Prosperity Rewards Credit Card.
What fees and charges are associated with a Premium Credit Card?
Fees and charges associated with a premium credit card include the annual fee, late payment charges, balance transfer fee, cash advance fee, merchant transaction fee, and more.
What is the eligibility criteria for a Premium Credit Card?
The eligibility criteria for a premium credit card depends on the issuer. Generally, applicants must be at least 18 years old, have a good credit score, and have a steady source of income.
How can I apply for a Premium Credit Card?
You can apply for a premium credit card by visiting the credit card issuer’s website and filling out an application form. You will need to provide the required documents and information and wait for the issuer’s approval.
What is the interest rate on Premium Credit Cards?
The interest rate on premium credit cards varies depending on the card issuer. Generally, premium credit cards have lower interest rates than regular credit cards.
What is the credit limit of a Premium Credit Card?
The credit limit of a premium credit card depends on the issuer’s assessment of a cardholder’s creditworthiness. Generally, the credit limit of a premium credit card is higher than that of a regular credit card.
What are the payment options available for a Premium Credit Card?
Payment options for premium credit card holders include credit card payments, auto-debit facility, online payments, internet banking, cash payments, bill-pay service, and more.
What is the difference between a Credit Card and a Debit Card?
Credit cards provide credit to a cardholder in the form of short-term loans, whereas debit cards allow a cardholder to make payments directly from their bank account. Credit cards also offer features such as rewards points, cashback, travel benefits, and more, while debit cards do not.
What are the benefits of having a Premium Credit Card?
Premium credit cards offer a range of benefits, including travel and lifestyle perks, complimentary lounge access, high reward points, access to exclusive deals and discounts, higher spending limits, interest rate discounts, and more.
What is the difference between a Premium Credit Card and a Regular Credit Card?
The main difference between a premium credit card and a regular credit card is the range of features and benefits offered. Premium credit cards offer higher spending limits, access to exclusive deals and discounts, rewards points, complimentary lounge access, travel and lifestyle benefits, and more. Regular credit cards are typically limited to basic features and benefits.
The American Express Platinum Card is one of the most popular cards in India. This card offers a range of rewards and benefits, including a welcome bonus of 50,000 bonus points, five reward points for every INR 100 spent and access to a selection of airport lounges. Additionally, cardholders can take advantage of exclusive discounts on dining, hotels and travel, and enjoy a range of special travel and lifestyle benefits.
The Citi PremierMiles Credit Card is another popular option. This card offers 10,000 bonus miles upon sign up and two miles for every INR 100 spent. Additionally, cardholders can enjoy exclusive discounts at a selection of domestic and international hotels. Finally, the Citi PremierMiles card offers complimentary access to airport lounges and provides emergency card replacement services.
Top 20 Important Points on Premium Credit Cards India with Summary
- Earn extra rewards: Many premium credit cards offer extra rewards beyond what you’d get with a regular credit card, such as air miles, hotel stays, and cash back.
- Generous credit lines: Premium credit cards typically offer higher credit limits than those offered with regular credit cards.
- Sign-up bonuses: Many premium credit cards offer sign-up bonuses, such as extra reward points or cash back.
- Lower interest rates: Premium credit cards typically offer lower interest rates than regular credit cards.
- No foreign transaction fees: Many premium credit cards don’t charge a foreign transaction fee when used abroad.
- Lifestyle benefits: Premium cards often come with exclusive access to lifestyle benefits, such as VIP airport lounge access and premium concierge services.
- Travel insurance: Many premium credit cards offer travel insurance and other types of insurance benefits.
- Airport lounge access: Premium credit cards offer exclusive access to airport lounges and other travel perks.
- Personal service: Some premium credit cards offer a personal service team or concierge to assist with travel plans and other needs.
- Higher cash withdrawal limits: Many premium credit cards have higher cash withdrawal limits than regular credit cards.
- Shopping discounts: Many premium credit cards provide discounts on shopping and other expenses associated with the card.
- Priority customer service: Premium credit cards offer priority customer service and other support benefits.
- Bonus points for special purchases: Some premium cards offer bonus points for special purchases as well as for regular purchases.
- Instant savings on purchases: Premium credit cards often give you instant savings on purchases.
- Additional cardholders: Many premium credit cards offer the ability to add additional cardholders to the account.
- Fraud protection: Premium credit cards typically offer fraud protection and other advantages over regular cards.
- Reward redemption options: Premium cards usually offer more redemption options for rewards earned.
- Luxury services: Premium credit cards often offer access to luxury services such as dining, travel, and entertainment.
- Special access: Premium credit card holders often get exclusive access to events and experiences.
- Free gifts: Some premium credit cards offer free gifts with certain purchases.
Finally, the Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card is another great option for Indian cardholders. This card comes with a welcome bonus of 50,000 reward points, up to five reward points for every INR 150 spent, and up to 25% discounts on hotel and dining bookings. Additionally, cardholders can take advantage of exclusive discounts on a range of products and services, as well as complimentary access to airport lounges.
How to get Premium Credit Cards in India
In order to get a Premium Credit Card in India, you will need to be a high-value customer of a bank or financial institution, and/or have good credit. Banks in India generally require good credit and often charge higher processing fees for Premium Credit Cards. You may need to provide proof of income, such as salary slips, tax returns, and bank statements. Having a high credit score, a good payment history and no delinquencies may also be beneficial. You can ensure that your credit score is high by making all payment on time and paying off any debts in full. Additionally, you can inquire with banks and financial institutions about their specific standards for qualifying for a Premium Credit Card.
Research different credit card companies and the premium credit cards they offer.
Compare the features and benefits of the premium credit cards and Check the eligibility criteria for each card.
Have all your personal documents readily available.
Read through the terms and conditions of the cards carefully & Complete the online application form or visit a bank branch to apply.
Submit the necessary documents to prove your identity and income.
Pay the processing fees or annual fee as per the card policy.
Wait for the credit card issuer to review your application and respond with the decision.
Once approved, the credit card will be sent to you by mail.
Premium credit cards can provide cardholders with a host of rewards and benefits that can make them well worth their annual fee. Whether you’re looking for travel rewards, generous rewards points or exclusive offers and discounts, there’s a premium credit card in India that can meet your needs.